One of the lesser known types of date palms is the dark, sweet and soft cultivar of the fruit called, Mazafati date also known as “Rotab”. It is estimated that 120,000 tons of Mazafati dates are harvested annually. The main difference between Mazafati and medjool dates is in their colour and size. They look juicier and softer with a dark brown skin covering them making the fruits higher in humidity than its counterparts.
- Mazafati dates in general, are high in various nutrients and contain many different types of vitamins and minerals. The nutritional value of Black dates is impressive. Regular consumption of Mazafati dates helps boost energy levels, reinforce nerves, take care of anaemia, enhance memory and awareness.
- Mazafati dates are viewed as superfoods (meaning food that is rich in different compounds). Considering how nutrient-dense, easy to access and compatible for different environments this fruit really is, it would be silly to exclude it from your dietary plan.
- Mazafati dates have never been ruled out or forgotten in the great land of Persia and in the dishes it people prepared. The tie is far stronger and unbreakable to be compromised by such a silly thing as time.
- This type of date is not considered in the category of nuts due to its high humidity. Mazafati dates, we can mention black, shiny, thin skin. Rotab Black skin can be easily removed. Also, Mazafati dates have a lot of juice and its taste is very sweet.
- Mazafati dates are high in iron, natural sugar and suitable for the body. This fruit is composed of various nutrients of calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, and so on.
- Mazafati Dates contain good mineral sources like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium. They’re a natural, tasty fructose source, a natural sugar found in these dates. They are delicious in fiber. It satisfies your sweet tooth. If eaten in moderation, Diabetics can use it as an energy booster.