Learn how to add booking duration for booking products such as appointment, product bookings, room rents, rentals, etc.
In this section, you can define the duration of your product. Read examples below.
- Room Booking – Recommended to set it as day
- Appointment – Recommended to set it in minutes/hours
- Rental – Recommended to set it in hours
- Products – Recommended to set it in days/hours
Refer to the chart below to understand how booking duration can be set.
Now let’s understand the booking duration while adding booking product with the screenshot below 👇🏻
1. Booking duration – There are two types of booking duration.
- Fixed blocks of – This is defined by the vendor/seller
- Customer defined blocks of – This is defined by the customer. You as a vendor/seller can select maximum and minimum duration.
2. Select the length of duration of the booking product
3. Select the unit for duration. It has the following options.
4. Minimum duration – Select the minimum duration you want your booking product to have. This option will be visible only if you choose Customer defined blocks of as explained in 1.
5. Maximum duration – Select the maximum duration you want your product can be booked in one booking. This option will be visible only if you choose Fixed blocks of as explained in 1.
6. Select Calendar display mode. There are two types of calendar display modes for customers.
- Display calendar on click.
- Calendar always visible.
7. Enable Range Picker? – If you check this checkbox, you are allowing customers to select a start and end date on the calendar. Duration will be calculated automatically.
8. Requires Confirmation – If you check this checkbox, the booking will require your approval/confirmation. Payment will not be taken during the checkout.
9. Can Be Cancelled? – Check this box if you want to allow a booking to be canceled by the customer after it has been purchased. A refund will not be sent automatically.
This article was created with an aim to make the complete article on Booking simpler.
Thank you for reading.