Learn how to add availability options for booking products such as appointments, product bookings, room rents, rentals, etc.
There are a few terms that we need to understand in this section. Let us do it with the help of a screenshot given below 👇🏻
1. Maximum Bookings Per Block
A block is the minimum unit of your product which you are making available for booking.
This field allows you to book the product multiple times within the available time frame.
Example 1: Let’s say, you have 2 Luxury rooms and you want to rent them both. With a bookable product, you can manage both. In this case, the value for this field will be 2.
Example 2: Let’s say, you have 7 cars and you want to rent all the cars. With a bookable product, you can manage the rental of all your cars. In this case, the value of this field will be 7.
Example 3: Let’s say, you have 3 spa bedrooms and you can provide spa service to 3 people at a time. Then using one bookable product (here appointment) you can manage all 3 spa bedrooms. In this case, the value for this field will be 3.
2. Minimum Booking Window (into the future)
It is the minimum duration of time before which a customer will have to book your available product. You can set it in hour(s), day(s), week(s) and month(s).
Example 1: Let’s say, you want your customers to book available products at least 2 days in advance. Then this value will have to be 2 day(s). Imagine today is 8th of July, today customers can book your product from 10th of July only.
Example 2: Let’s say, you have scooter as product on rental. Let’s assume you need 3 hours to refuel the scooter, wash and clean up after a customer returns it. Then this value will have to be 3 hour(s).
Example 3: Let’s say, you have appointments as your booking. You need 10 minutes between the bookings. This can be set using Require a buffer period of (___) between bookings below.
3. Maximum Booking Window (into the future)
It is the maximum duration up to which booking for the product can be made from the next available date. You can set it in hour(s), day(s), week(s) and month(s).
4. Require A Buffer Period Of (___) Between Bookings
This is the gap that you want to keep between two bookings. You can set only in the unit you have set in booking duration.
Note : If you want to set the gap in minutes, then the booking duration should be in minutes. You need to save the booking product for this to appear as it should be.
Example : Let’s say you are creating a booking for consultation.
- Assume that booking duration is of 1 hour
- You want to give a buffer period (break) of 10 mins between the two bookings
- You must set booking duration in minutes i.e. 60 minutes instead of 1 hour.
- Here in this case value will be 10.
Leave the value as 0 if you don’t want any buffer/break.
5. Adjacent Buffering
By default, the buffer period applies forward into the future of a booking. Checking this checkbox will apply the duration before and after the booking.
6. All Dates Are
There are two options. They are:-
- Available by default – If you select this there will be no restriction on date of booking.
- Not-available by default – If you select this, then Set Availability Range rule in No 9 (below) will apply.
7. Check Rules Against
There are two option. They are:-
- All blocks being booked – This checks all available blocks within a duration.
- Example : If a customer choose to book for 5 days and 1 block is equal to 1 day, it will check availability for all 5 days.
- The starting block only – This checks the first block the user selects.
- Example : If a customer choose to book for 5 days and 1 block is equal to 1 day, it will only check availability for the first day.
First blocks starts at – Use this if you want booking to start at a fixed time. This option will only appear when the booking duration is either hour(s) or minute(s)
8. Restrict Start And Days
Check this checkbox, if you want to put restrictions on bookings so that booking can start and end only on certain days of the week. Once you check the checkbox option will appear like the screenshot below.
If you select like the screenshot above, booking cannot start on Sunday and end on Sunday.
This option will help those stores/sellers/service providers who want to close their service on specific day/days in a week.
9. Set Availability Range
You can set up specific availability rules, such as availability for:
- Day of the week
- Specific date
To add a rule, select Add Range as shown in the screenshot below 👇🏻
A new row will be created where you can choose a range type, from/to, whether it’s bookable or not (yes or no), and a priority number as shown in the screenshot below. You can also add more rows by clicking Add Range.
Example : Refer to the screenshot below 👇🏻
1. This rule will restrict booking to days. You can change it as per your convenience like Monday to Saturday etc. Here in the above screenshot, booking can be made on Monday only.
2. This rule will restrict availability to weeks using week number. Here in the above screenshot, booking can be made on Week 1 only.
3. This rule will restrict availability to month or months. Here in the above screenshot, booking can be made between January to December.
4. This rule will set restrictions to timings set for the days of the week. Here in the above screenshot, booking can be made between 09:30 AM to 06:30 PM.
5. This rule will restrict availability to date range with time. Here in the above screenshot, booking can be made between 02 Jan 2022 to 31 Jan 2022 every day between 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM.
6. This rule will restrict availability to the date range. Here in the screenshot above booking will be available between 02 Jan 2022 to 31 Jan 2022.
7. You can remove any rule using the cross (X) sign.
Priority : The lower the priority number the earlier the rule gets applied.
This article was created with an aim to make the complete article on Booking simpler.
Thank you for reading.